Sony A9 III Review & Tests | Fastest full-frame camera
Sony has just launched the long-awaited Sony A9 III, a camera that has impressive specs for almost any type of photography. Is it as good as they say and has Sony exceeded our expectations?
I’ll find out all about that for you. Read all the important specifications of the Sony A9 III below and it may become your next camera!
**This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking through my links. You can support me without any additional fees. I used some of the products mentioned, not all.
Well, to give you the answer right away: yes, the Sony A9III is a very good camera and, in my opinion, Sony has exceeded expectations. Below you will find a list of specifications, while I am writing this review you can take a look.
- 24.6MP Global shutter
- No rolling shutter
- 1/80000 shutter speed
- 1/16000 during continuous shooting (will be improved with firmware update)
- 1/80000 flash sync speed
- ISO 125-51200
- Up to 8-stops stabilization
- 4K120p without cropping
- 6K oversampled 4K60p
- 10-bit 4:2:2
- 16-bit RAW output
- S-Cinetone & S-Log3
- Dynamic active mode stabilization
- AI processing unit
- Subject recognition: Human, animal, bird, insect, car, train, and airplane
- 95% coverage
- -5 EV in the dark
- 759 autofocus points
- XS & XL focus area spot size
- 120fps blackout-free burst
- pre-capture 0,005 – 1.0 s before pressing shutter
- Up to 192 frames buffer
- 14-bit RAW
- Double CF Express Type A card slots
- New design (ergonomic grip)
- 4-axis LCD monitor (3.2″ – 2095K dot)
- 9.44m dot viewfinder (0,9x magnification – 240/120/60fps)
- New vertical grip with customizable button
- C5 custom button added (front of the camera)
- Drive mode dial deactivation function
- 530 shots on one battery
- Spring 2024 release (March-May 2024)
- $5,999 price
Are you already convinced to buy it? Then of course I completely understand that. You can pre-order the Sony A9 III via the links below. The camera will be shipped to you as soon as it is available (spring 2024).
First come, first served. So be quick, because I expect this to become a very popular camera, especially among nature and sports photographers.
All in all, we see that the new Sony A9 III is a very good camera with promising specifications. We will have to wait a little longer until the reviews appear on the internet, then we can finally see what the image quality is.
So for now you can pre-order it, I’m curious if you will do so. In any case, don’t forget to share this review!
Who is Sebastiaan?
Hi! I am Sebastiaan, the writer of this blog. With years of experience as a professional photographer, I want to share my expertise with you. From recommending cameras and lenses to giving tips that make a world of difference, that’s what I enjoy doing most.